CWSA is pleased to offer members a free seminar on the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Our speaker, David Padgett, is the Senior Privacy and Policy Advisor, with the Privacy and Legislation Branch of the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services. This 2 hour seminar will cover the following:
An overview of PIPA’s key features
- Coverage (what is and is not covered by PIPA)
- What is personal information? (definitions and examples)
- Consent: how it works in practice
- Tips for securing and disposing of personal information
- Oversight (what the role is of the Information and Privacy Commissioner)
- An introduction to the Privacy and Legislation Branch’s tools and resources
Our friends at the North Cedar Improvement District, 2100 Yellow Point Rd, Nanaimo, are providing the space to hold the seminar on Thursday November 26, 2015 from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Lunch will be provided.
Anyone wishing to attend must send an email to Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18th as we need to fill a minimum number of spaces. As well please let us know if you are staying for lunch. This seminar is free for members, $30 for non members. Checks for non members can be mailed to Box 720, Crofton, BC V0R 1R0.