Coastal Water Suppliers Association Annual Conference and AGM is scheduled for May 23-25, 2013 in Parksville at the Tigh na Mara. We are celebrating Drinking Water Week by centering our conference around Safe Drinking Water and Water Conservation. We are also very proud to be partnering up with the City of Parksville for this event!!
Administrative Workshop topics include:
Friday May 24, 2013 (9:00 am-3:30pm)
“Capital Projects: Steps in the Approval Process” Joshua Craig, Min of Community Sport & Cultural Dev, and Rob Rounds, Rounds Community Consulting Services (0.1 CEU’s)
- “Cost Justification and Creating Public Awareness” City of Parksville Mayor Chris Burger (0.1 CEU’s)
“Best Management Practices—6 Free Tools” Glen Brown, Executive Director, Local Government Infrastructure and Finance, Min of Community Sport & Cultural Development (0.1 CEU’s)
“Local Government Administration Program and CivicInfo BC” Todd Pugh, Executive Director, CivicInfo BC (0.1 CEU’s)
- “Bedrock Wells Losing 90% of Capacity…this could happen to you!” Dr. Gilles Wendling, GW Solutions
SmartWater Communities: Saving our Water Together” Dawn Keim, Drinking Water and Watershed Coordinator, Regional District of Nanaimo (0.1 CEU’s)
Trade Show, Dinner, Prizes and more!
Saturday May 25, 2013 (9:00am—1:30pm)
- “Safe and Secure Water: Drinking Water Policy Updates and Water System Assessment Overview” Mike Zemanek, Director Health Protection, Ministry of Health – Steve Baumber, Health Protection Specialist, Health Protection, Ministry of Health, and Lynne Magee, Regional Drinking Water Coordinator, Vancouver Island Health Authority (0.1 CEU’s)
- “Aquifer Storage Recovery Project in Parksville” Mike Squire, Program Manager, Arrowsmith Water Service (0.1 CEU’s)
- “Drilling New Wells—What Administrators Need to Know” -TBA (0.1 CEU’s)
- “Environmental Operator Certification Program” Brian Thorburn, Board of Directors EOCP
- CWSA Annual General Meeting 12:00pm (lunch included)
Click here for the Administration Registration Form.
Operator and other workshops include (8:00am-4:30pm):
Strategies for Managing Water Loss: Audits, Night Flow Analysis (0.6 CEU’s)
Rainwater Management: Implications of Supply and Storage (0.6 CEU’s)
Strategies for Managing Water Loss: Pressure Management (0.6 CEU’s)
Rainwater Management: From Gutter to Garden – From Rooftop to Tap (0.6 CEU’s)
Click here for full course descriptions and the Operator Course Registration Form
A big thank you to our current contributors for this years conference. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Community , Sport and Cultural Development.